Hollywood Halloween

Posted on 16. Oct, 2009 by in Arts and Culture, Barbara Raab

The 2004 'Mean Girls' movie told viewers the real purpose the real purpose of Halloween. Picture provided by Google.

The 2004 'Mean Girls' movie told viewers the real purpose of Halloween. Picture provided by Google.

It was quoted best on “Mean Girls,” when new student Cady Heron (played by Lindsay Lohan) said that “Halloween is the one night a year when girls can dress like a total slut and no other girls can say anything about it.”

Oh, so true, Cady

But this year may be different. In a recent article in the Daily News, Halloween is going Hollywood this year. With a slew of TV personalities to choose from, many of those celebrating Hallow’s Eve have chosen to imitate famous people.

Some of the more popular choices for this year are True Blood characters like Sookie Stackhouse, or the big-haired Atlanta ‘housewife’ Kim Zolciak. Lady Gaga is also high on the list of costume ideas. The pop star diva has a unique style of her own that it undoubtedly warrants echoing.

“I plan on dressing up as Dita Von Teese this year,” says Courtney Jones. Jones says she and her friends are dressing up using a ‘pin-up girls’ theme. “My friend is going to be Rose McGowan.”

Even though celebrity costumes are the trend for this year, there still seems to be a slightly raunchy look that girls will try to achieve.

For those of you planning on costuming it this year, is your costume inspired by someone famous? Or are you using Halloween like Regina George and the rest of the ‘mean girls’: an excuse to dress risqué ?

4 Responses to “Hollywood Halloween”

1. Stephanie Ferguson

01. Oct, 2010

The Halloween of 2009 certainly had some Hollywood glamor and glitz to it. Cady is one mean girl but she’s said it, it’s a very good excuse to dress up 🙂

2. Jake Smith

05. Oct, 2010

Don’t ask me, I’ll take them as they come 😉

But seriously, I’d like to see some well- thought of Halloween costumes, showcasing some creativity.

3. Ford Mustang Cobra

05. Oct, 2010

Cute picture, that looks like a fun night!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Tiempo Locuro « 59th & Peach - March 27, 2010

[…] Here is a blog post I wrote for my interactive class about Halloween… Also tell me what you think! […]