Blog in Review

Posted on 17. Dec, 2009 by in John Smock, Uncategorized

By Amy Yensi-

So, the semester is over–I survived, yay me–and it’s time to say goodbye to my Interactive I blog. But before I go, I want to say that this has been a great experience.

For the last four months, the class of 2010 has been challenged to keep up with a demanding curriculum, learn to overcome fears they didn’t know they had and come to terms with the fact, that the field they want to join is in the middle of a revolution. I have learned so much from each and every class, but this blog has taught me some of the most valuable lessons of all.

As we are constantly reminded by our professors, we are responsible for our own careers. This blog has shown me, that the more effort I put in to a project, the easier it is for the reader to understand the story I want to tell.

Although I have yet to master all the media formats I have been exposed to, its very exciting to me that those tools can help me add another dimension to a story. To be able to share information with a click of a button with so many people, makes me want to learn better ways to inform the public. I can only imagine how much more I will be able to do in my next blog.

It has also been great to share my blog with my classmates and see how they used this medium differently than I did. I was inspired by the creativity I saw in other blogs. It made me want to better my own skills.

If there is one thing that I wish I would have done, is to have picked a theme or specialization. That way, I could have been able to better organize my blog. In addition, I wish that I would have been more mindful of story opportunities that lent themselves to this form of medium.

Bye Blog-
Amy