May Day: Immigrant Rights Protest-Live Blog

Posted on 01. May, 2010 by in General, John Smock

May Day protesters. May 1, 2010. New York, NY. Photo: Amy Yensi

Reporter: Amy Yensi

Today, May 1, 2010, there is a protest against the new Arizona law sb1070, starting at 12 p.m. There are protests in several other cities around the country. The New York City rallies will happen at Union Square, 14th St and Foley Square at Thomas Paine Park. The protesters feel the legislation is anti-immigrant, and will be hitting the streets in hopes of getting the government to overturn it. The organizers of the event are calling for a boycott of Arizona. I will be on the ground bringing you the latest from the rally. Stay Tuned!

Many fear that Arizona Immigration Law SB1070 will lead to racial profiling. May 1, 2010. New York, NY. Photo: Amy Yensi

Close to 40 organizations participated in the New York City May Day Rallies, many of them were unions . May 1, 2010. New York, NY. Photo: Amy YensiClose to 40 organizations participated in the New York City May Day rallies, many of them were unions . May 1, 2010. New York, NY. Photo: Amy Yensi

Tags: , , , , , ,

3 Responses to “May Day: Immigrant Rights Protest-Live Blog”

1. While I hope that racial profiling is not the intent of SB1070, even if it was, it would forever be denied. And sometimes we allow lesser legislation to pass which paves the way for heavier stuff. 🙁 I’m glad people are aware about these things.

2. Jenny

14. Jul, 2010

How is a legislation that wants to alleviate illegals “anti-immigrant?” If anything, it’s anti-illegals!

I think the largest frustration with a lot of people is that people claim America is such a great country. If they truly believe that, wouldn’t they do everything they could to HELP the country like becoming a citizen and paying taxes?

3. Daily File

02. Oct, 2010

Hello i’m so happy I found your blog, I actually discovered you by mistake, while I used to be looking Yahoo for one thing else, At Any Charge I am right here now and would identical to to say thanks for an exquisite blog posting and a all spherical intriguing weblog (I additionally love the theme/design), I do not need time to learn all of it at the right now however I have bookmarked it andNice info, this actually helpful for me. There may be nothing to argue about.